The Acetaminophen Awareness Coalition is comprised of several organizations and includes corporate support from Consumer Healthcare Products Association and Endo Pharmaceuticals. This Site is hosted by the Consumer Healthcare Products Association Educational Foundation (“CHPA Educational Foundation”).
2. Copyright Rights
All materials posted on the Site are subject to copyrights owned by CHPA Educational Foundation and other individuals or entities and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Except for videos and public service announcements, you are authorized to copy and distribute materials posted on the Site in their entirety for personal purposes consistent with the educational nature of this Site, but only if the materials are not offered in exchange for consideration or incorporated in any work offered in exchange for consideration. In addition, except for videos and public service announcements, you may copy and distribute materials posted on the Site in their entirety for professional purposes consistent with the educational nature of this Site, but only if the materials are not offered in exchange for consideration or incorporated in any work offered in exchange for consideration, and if the copying and distribution of the materials is ancillary to your primary business activity. Unless we or the copyright owner of the material has expressly granted prior consent, you may not create derivative works from the materials on the Site. All other rights are reserved. If you have any questions or would like to request permission to copy and/or distribute a video or public service announcement, please contact us.
3. Trade and Service Mark Rights
Our names, trademarks, service marks and logos, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to CHPA Educational Foundation and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. All other trademarks, services marks and logos (including third-party product names) are the property of their respective owners. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this Site confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of CHPA Educational Foundation or any third party.
4. Links to Third-Party Services
As a convenience to you, we may provide on the Site links to other web sites on the Internet. Unless we operate these other web sites, you agree that we are not responsible for the accuracy, legality or any other aspect of the content of such sites. When we include such links on the Site, we are not endorsing any third-party web site or the products or services offered on any such site.
5. User Content
The Site may include features that allow you to post content on the Site or communicate with others. This content and communications may be submitted either on the Site or on third-party web sites that identify or are co-branded with our name or trademarks, and may include text, images, photographs, audio, video, or other material (collectively, “User Content”).
You agree not to post, or attempt to post, User Content that:
- contains any material that could be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, or hateful, or content that refers negatively to people or groups on the basis of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or similar characteristics;
- is posted in a false name or the name of another person, or include impersonations of any person;
- includes illegal material or encourage, solicit, or glorify illegal activity;
- contains false statements or misrepresentations that could damage you, us, or a third party;
- includes commercial advertisements or solicitations, except if we have specifically authorized their inclusion;
- includes, purports to include, or seeks, medical or other professional advice; or
- includes material we believe in good faith to be otherwise objectionable.
You understand and agree that User Content are neither owned by nor provided by CHPA, and that we are in no way responsible for such User Content or any related conduct or practices.
6. License Granted
We do not claim ownership of any User Content that you transmit, distribute, post, communicate or store on, to or through the Site. However, by submitting or posting User Content on, to or through the Site, you grant CHPA Educational Foundation a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content anywhere, for any purpose, and in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
By posting or submitting User Content, you also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content of the public posting, and that our use of your User Content will not infringe or violate the intellectual property, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or other rights of you or any third party.
7. Prohibited Conduct
You are permitted to use the Site only based on your agreement that:
- you will not use the Site in a manner that injures, or could reasonably injure, yourself, CHPA Educational Foundation, or any third party;
- except if you are operating an Internet search engine available at no cost to the general public, you will access the Site only using the interface that we provide and you will not access, or assist others in accessing, portions of the Site that we do not make publicly available;
- you will not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site, including by using the Site in a manner that slows operation of our computer equipment or network connectivity; and
- you will not attempt to identify or contact any other user, except using information or features that we have intentionally made available to you.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” CHPA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY WEB SITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITE. CHPA DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
IN NO EVENT WILL CHPA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SERVICE, OR ON ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THIS SERVICE, BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE OR ANY SITE LINKED TO THIS SERVICE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ALTERATION, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE.
10. Choice of Law and Forum
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, excluding its conflict of law rules. You and CHPA Educational Foundation expressly agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the District of Columbia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Site.
11. Severability and Integration
12. No Professional Advice
Any information supplied on the Site and/or by any employee or agent of CHPA Educational Foundation, whether by telephone, e-mail, letter, facsimile or other form of communication, does not constitute medical, legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. Individual situations and state laws vary and users are encouraged to obtain appropriate advice from qualified professionals in the applicable jurisdictions.
If you have questions concerning these terms and conditions, and/or your use of the Service, please contact us.